Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Citizen Prime - Phoenix's Very Own Superhero

Well, Vex over at the Mill Avenue Vexations blog beat me to this one, but apparently there is a superhero who sometimes patrols the Ave. His name is Citizen Prime and when he hits the mean streets in his beautiful costume (costing him almost $4k) with his cell phone and a hearty dose of extroversion.

I discovered him because I found an article at AzCentral.

On a Tuesday night in April, I followed Prime on a shift. As part of a recent effort to interact with the community more often, he spent a couple hours in the late evening strolling Mill Avenue in Tempe, mingling with the crowds.

He has a Myspace page and even a full blown webpage—still under construction, but I’m sure it’ll be awesome.

I for one, find it heartening that he treads softly places where I so solidly place my own soul.

The Ave.

1 comment:

blazek said...

Hey, thanks for the comment and kind words.

I really enjoy your blog.

I replied with a theory about the Anasazi/ Hohokam mix-up.