Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I Have Evolved as a Technology Journalist

Recently, I had the chance to interview the amazing Dr. Amr Awadallah, Chief Technology Officer of Cloudera, about his thoughts on video games and Big Data. The interview will likely become an article over the winter holidays, but people who follow the social and cultural impact of video game and MMO culture will probably be interested in some of his insights.

Better yet, and totally selfish of me, I was introduced to him as a “reporter” and by someone who didn’t mean it ironically.

In the words of my good friend, RyAnne, I have had my pokémon evolution, “A Jolteon with ink in the blood, huh?”

jolteon-journalism-ink-blood

Expect big things coming your way this Yule from me on both anthropology and the cultural effects of technology in articles written for SiliconANGLE.

No comments: