Tuesday, May 05, 2009

So, I’ve been hearing more about suspected cases of H1N1 A flu virus near me in Michigan. I have also heard that another nearby county is closing down public schools for the week for it.

For those who know that I’m out here in Michigan right now, I just wanted to assure everyone that my chances of being exposed to Swine flu, or any variant of flu in general, is actually fairly low. Also, although I am a “young person” by definition of the words, the very fact that I have a weakened immune system possibly puts me at less risk than most.

Although, five years ago I had to go into the hospital for normal flu.

Stuff is keen out here. Everyone should understand the H1N1 epidemic is at phase 5 (confirmed human to human contagion, in multiple countries. Link to phases.) So the closures of schools and attempts at reducing overall coverage is an elemental first step into helping control the spread.

Stay clean. Wash your hands. Avoid touching your face while in public. You can do your part to help slow this thing down.

No comments: