Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not the Daily Show, the Writers' Strike

Most people who know me, know that I'm a writer. Everyone else probably also knows that there's a writers' strike going down in Hollywood and that a number of prime time TV shows are enmeshed in this kerfuffle that have shoved them directly into reruns.

I found this wonderful video via an article on Boing Boing.

I may not be the type of writer these people are (I'm a novelist, not a screenwriter) but anyone who works for money can empahtize with this plight. Especially anyone who works in an evolving industry, or scrapes up against one.

All told, the video is hilarious, and I am so glad that the Daily Show's host John Stewart promised to help his writers out even as they strike.

So, watch, laugh, and read up on this strike. if you enjoy the witty banter and dramatic lines of the entertainment industry, this may as well matter to you, because the behavior of these entertainment moguls to their content producers is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

No comments: