Monday, June 27, 2011

GameOgre: WonderKing First Impressions

wonderking-logoLooking for a new free-to-play MMORPG that has a fairly casual feel and that you can just jump into? (A few caveats apply, of course.) I recently reviewed WonderKing Online over at GameOgre,

WonderKing Online is a free-to-play 2D side-scrolling platformer MMO developed by the South Korean company Ryu & Soft and published in the United States by Ignited Games (EU by Bigpoint). At first glance, it’s very similar to Maple Story. I found myself in magical, glittering forests full of cute (but oddly hostile) critters and adorable characters to play alongside.

I had a fairly good time for my short stay. I raised a mage and a scout both up to level 10 (well, level 15 now) and then tapped out my first impressions. I know, it’s a lot like Maple Story, but I couldn’t get into MS because it made very little sense and didn’t train you in what the hell was going on.

WonderKing Online does a fairly good job in explaining what things are and where to go in the very beginning. Certainly the skill set gets huge after a while, but it’s a slow burn.

Go check it out.

Link, via GameOgre.

No comments: