Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I think I just discovered exactly how much of traffic Willowisp can handle

And it's not pretty. As of this moment, voxexmachina.com is dead in the water.

kitteh@willowisp:~> uptime
  7:45pm  up 48 days  7:32,  4 users,  load average: 133.25, 125.97, 90.26

Yes. It looks like it has managed to hit almost 133 load. There were 11 comments on Ceroptera's Age of Conan article, and climbing. While people are positing it was a DDOS, I think it was something much more mundane.

I think that it’s basically the social media version of being slashdotted.

This is assuming, of course, that he didn’t secretly post something about nudepatches and mods to Reddit when I had my back turned.

>.<

This is my make it stop! face.

Update 2008-12-03 9:06pm: Looks like we managed to get it rebooted; let’s see how long this lasts.

No comments: